LG G5 is the latest LG smartphone and its G series smartphones. G5 is a complete overhaul in the design department with the new all metal body and a modular design. Specifications include top of the line equipment with 16 MP rear camera, 4GB of RAM, Snapdragon 820, a quad-HD screen of 5.3 inches and a micro SD card slot for memory expansion.
Rooting your device is the best thing you could do on your Android device. Rooting gives you complete control of your device, you can delete anything you want and also install anything. You can personalize your device to suit your needs to provide you with a better user experience. But rooting your Android device there are some steps to follow. The first step is the bootloader unlocking, this can be a procedure in a single step to a few devices, but for some of the devices, it is not an easy procedure.
Until now there was no method to unlock the bootloader LG G5, but recently LG released for the European variant (H850). Follow the steps below to unlock your LG G5 (H850) bootloader to enjoy the root your device and take full control of your device.
Before starting the following procedure be sure to copy all your important data on your device to your PC. You can use the LG Bridge software available on the LG website back up and restore all your data.
- How to Back Up Android Data and keep safe Everything
- How to Back Up and Restore Your Android Phone with TWRP
Warning: Unlocking the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. In addition, any damage to your device during the process will be your responsibility.
- Download and install USB drivers for LG on your PC.
- Latest LG USB Drivers (Version 4.04)
- Download LG USB Drivers | Mirror (Version 4.03)
- LG United Drivers for Verizon
- LG USB Drivers for Mac
- LG Mobile Support Tool Setup
- LG Flash Tool 2014
- LG G5 H850 (European variant) and a PC
ADB and Fastboot: Your Computer should have ADB and Fastboot drivers installed. If your PC doesn’t have them, read and folow tutorials on “How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows within Seconds“.
Bootloader Unlock for European LG G5
2) You must also enable the option that says Enable OEM Unlocking,which can also be found in the Developer Options.
3) Now make sure that your PC has the ADB and Fastboot installed, otherwise install with our guide on “How to install Windows ADB and Fastboot on in seconds“. Connect your LG G5 phone to your Computer via a USB cable.
4) Once your computer has the ADB and Fastboot installed, open a command prompt where you installed the ADB and fastboot drivers. Then type the following command to restart your LG G5 device in Bootloader Mode:
adb reboot bootloader
5) Once your LG G5 has started in bootloader mode type the following command in the command prompt:
fastboot oem device-id
This command will send a string. This is the Device ID will be used for single bootloader unlock key generate for your device.
$ fastboot oem device-id (bootloader)----------------------------------------------------------------- (bootloader) Device-ID (bootloader) CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013 (bootloader) F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1 (bootloader)----------------------------------
6) To generate the device ID, you must copy the strings in data output to form a continuous chain. For the example above device ID is: CD58B679A38D6B613ED518F37A05E013F93190BD558261DBBC5584E8EF8789B1
7) Now connect to the LG Developer Web site, if you do not have a LG account Register on the link provided. Once you are logged in the LG Developer Web site head on this link.
8) Scroll down & see the Start Unlocking the Bootloader button and click on it. You will now Imprint on your screen, click the I Accept button to proceed.
9) Enter the first 15 digits of the IMEI number of your phone. You can view the IMEI number by typing *#06# on your phone, or by selecting Settings >> About Phone >> >> IMEI Status Menu. In addition, paste the device ID that you generated in the steps above.
10) Now click on the confirmation button. If your IMEI number and device ID is valid, the key to unlocking the bootloader will be sent to your email address.
11) Download the key to unlocking your mail and paste it in the folder where you installed Fastboot and ADB.
12) Now, while your LG G5 (H850) device is still in fastboot mode and is connected to your computer, enter the following command in the command prompt:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
This will unlock your device and wipe all the data from your device.
13) To restart your LG G5 phone enter the following command:
Congratulations! you managed to unlock the bootloader of your LG G5 (H850). Now root your LG G5 (H850) following this tutorial. How to Root LG G5 (H850) and Install TWRP Recovery img
Need help? Leave your questions in the comments section below. We will do our best to solve your problems.