Xposed Framework – Easily Modify your Android ROM [4.0.3+]
Xposed Framework : Have you tried all single ROM just because of some mods? Going through all these steps each time you want to flash a new ROM is heavy. Ever wondered how it would be if you could have all the mods in one ROM? That’s where Xposed framework comes into picture!
XDA Recognized Developer rovo89 developed a framework (for Android 4.0.3 and above) which allows Mod ROM without any reverse engineering actually indigenous APKs (as framework-res.apk, SystemUi.apk). All credit goes to him. What you could do with this framework (using a module, explained below) :-
- Customize lock screen targets.
- Change status bar color, status bar icons and their colors and adjust its transparency.
- Status bar network speed indicator.
- Pie controls.
- Have advanced reboot menu options.
- Reorder Quick Settings tiles.
- Skip tracks using volume keys.
- Expandable volume panel.
And hundreds or hundreds more things, including all settings CyanogenMod!
Needed for Xposed Framework
- Your android device must be rooted.
- Make sure your device is running Android 4.0.3 or above.
That’s all. We are good to go.
How to Install Xposed Framework on Android device (4.0.3+):
- Download and install the latest version Xposed Installer .
- Open Xposed Installer app. Then go to the frame section and press “Install / Update”. Make sure the application is given root access.
- After all restart your android phone.
Now you must install modules to actually use the framework. There are many Xposed modules available and you can develop for you own too! This XDA thread contains links to all modules.
Downloading Xposed Modules.
You can download the module Xposed .apks from the “Download” option of the Xposed Installer application or from the Xposed modules repository.
Procedure to Install Xposed Modules
- Now Install the module apk .
- Open Xposed Installer app, go to “Modules” option and check the box against the installed module.
- Now reboot your android device.
… And now done…!
Xposed modules may or may not interface. There are some ROMs that are inconsistent with the Xposed framework but most of them are. There are specific modules TouchWiz, Sense ROM as well. Try different modules and see what works for your ROM. In case you are stuck in the start loop or experience abnormal behavior, follow the steps below to disable Xposed framework.
How to Disabling Xposed framework.
- Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip file will be automatically copied to your external SD card when you install timbers. Flash this file through recovery disable Xposed framework.
Alternatively, you can also take a file “/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/disabled” through the ADB, to disable Xposed framework.
There are a couple of Xposed modules which combine a number of different distinct modules. Such a module is Gravity Box (for MTK and vanilla ROMs devices) and XBlast tools with dozens of settings for your ROM! For details, visit the main thread.