How to Make Status bar Transparent & Change on Android
Make Status bar Transparent & Change.
Have you ever thought about making your Status Bar transparent device? Would you like to see changed depending on the color of your application on android? If the answer is yes, then this article is exactly what you are looking for. Now you might think that the realization of this stuff requires a kind of complex programming knowledge. Absolutely no Sir! You are completely wrong. Transparency and color changing the mood of the status bar can be easily achieved by using a simple but powerful app called Xposed Framework. Just install like any other application and follow the rest of the procedure mentioned in this guide to achieve the desired results.
So let’s start with the tutorial. First, go through the Requirements section, make sure your device fully meets all these requirements and then go further.
Needed for Status bar Transparent.
- Your device must need root access.
- Make sure your phone / tablet is running Android 4.0.3 or above.
Need to Downloads for Status bar Transparent.
- Download Xposed Framework for Android.
- Download Tinted Statusbar for Xposed For changing status bar color according to app color.
- Download XBlast Tools for Xposed For Transparent Statusbar.
How to make Status bar transparent
- Install the Xposed framework application like any other normal app file.
- Open Xposed Install and select the “Framework”. Then select “Install / Update ‘. after clicking automatically, Restart/reboot the device to activate the setting.
- Now, install the XBlast Tools module ( it like a normal app).
- After successfully installing the XBlast Tools module. Then open Xposed Installer and select ‘Modules‘ option & tick (√) XBlast Tools.
- Restart the device to activate the XBlast Tools.
- Now, open XBlast Tools and select the first option in the list. ex. Status Bar Background Color.
- In Statusbar menu, tick on ‘Statusbar Background Color‘. Then select the color you want to have for your Status bar. For matching Transparency Status bar and with any theme color, enter #00000000 in Hex code field and tap the bottom right corner button (refer the image below).
- Finally, restart/reboot your android phone and enjoy transparent Status bar on your home screen.
Note: This will make your status bar of the Home screen transparent. It may or may not do the same on the lock screen. If you want a transparent status bar on the lock screen and then you have to edit the android.policy.jar file folder /System/Framework (ROM must be deodexed). If you do not know the editing stuff, you better drop a comment below and I’ll do it for you.
How to Change Status bar color according to the App.
- Download and install Xposed Framework app on your android phone.
- Open Xposed Installer and select ‘Framework’ options and tap on ‘Install/Update’. Restart the device to activate the framework.
- Also, download Tinted Statusbar module (292.11 KB) for the Xposed framework and install it. as like normal app.
- After installation of Tinted Statusbar module, open Xposed Installer and select ‘Modules‘ option and tap on ( tick √ ) ‘Tinted Statusbar’.
- Enable the module by restarting your android phone and see the magic you.
Note: If you want to disable the module for the specific app, you can do this by opening tinted Status Bar application and use of the interface in the same app.
Finally, there are many things you can do with the Xposed Framework (as we have seen in the status bar) with different modules. Just hit the “Download” of Xposed install the application and you will have lots of them for various functions. Good luck!