There are certain situations where you can accidentally delete some important files or data from your Android phone. Its may be lost due to a virus attack, factory reset, system crashes, and so on. It can be very stressful to lose, especially when you realize you have not saved on your computer or external hard drive.
If you accidentally lost important data on your Android phone, do not panic, because there is a chance to recover them using Dr. Fone for Android.
Dr.Fone for Android is a powerful Android data recovery software for the PC developed by Wondershare Software Co., Ltd. The PC software is able to recovering files such as messages, contacts, photos, audio files, videos, WhatsApp history, call history, as well as documents…
With Dr.Fone for Android, you can easily recover all your lost or deleted files from almost all Android phones and tablets from LG, Samsung, Sony, Huawei, HTC, Motorola, etc. You can view the complete list of supported devices from Wondershare official website here.
How to Recover Lost or Deleted files for by using Dr.Fone
Recover deleted files using the application Dr.Fone is very easy. Just follow the steps below and you will be able to recover deleted files from your Android device.
- Download and install the trial version of Dr.Fone on your PC. The trial version is only able to scan for deleted files. To recover deleted files, you will need to purchase the full version. It is best if you use the trial version to see if the application works properly on your PC. Also, to see if there are any deleted files that can be recovered with the application.
- Launch the application on your PC Dr.Fone
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device.
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Go to Settings -> Applications -> Development. Tick ”USB debugging”.
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Go to Settings -> Developer Options. Tick ”USB debugging”.
- For Android 4.2 or later: Go to Settings -> About phone. Press “Build number” repeatedly until a message “You are in developer mode.” Back to Settings -> Developer Options. Tick ”USB debugging”.
- Connect your Android device to your PC via micro USB cable. In case you haven’t installed the USB drivers, the software will automatically install for you.
- Wait until your device is connected. Once it is connected, the name of your camera should appear in the upper left corner of the application. Click the “Start” button to, begin to scan your device for deleted files. If your device is not rooted, the program will start scanning directly from your device. If your Android device has root access, tap the “Allow” button in the message SuperUser pop-up on your Android device.
- Want to see all the types of files that can be retrieved by the application. To save time, select only the types of files you want to recover and click ‘Next’.
- Since you want to find deleted files only, select the “Scan Mode of deleted files and click ‘Next’. If you can not find the deleted files with the Standard mode, try the “Advanced Mode”, but it can take longer to scan.
- The software will start to scan for deleted files on your Android device, and all the scanning process continues, deleted files will automatically appear under different tabs that are classified according to their file types such as contacts, messaging, WhatsApp, Gallery, Video, Audio and documents. You can always stop the run if you have already found the files you want.
- Select the files you want to recover by clicking the box next to each file name. You can also preview the file by typing on a particular file and preview will be available on the right. Orange files are those that have been deleted while the color Black were available on your Android device. If you just want to view the deleted or lost data, just switch to display only deleted items “at the top of ON window.
- Click ‘Recover’ after selecting your desired files. For registered users, you’ll get a popup asking for a location to save the recovered data.
- Click the “Browse” button, select the directory where you want the recovered files to be saved and press the “Recover” to start the recovery process. The application will now begin to pick up your selected files. Depending on the amount of files you are going to recover, this process can take several minutes.
If you have doubts, you can watch the video below for a quick tutorial on how to recover deleted files with Dr.Fone for Android.
Dr.Fone for Android is the perfect solution to recover lost or deleted files from your Android device. The full software costs about $ 49.95 (lifetime license and supports up to 5 devices), but it is quite worth investing in. It is simple to use, supports a wide range of file formats and devices, and most important is that it gives you peace of mind.
In addition, Wondershare also provides data recovery solutions for iOS, Windows, Mac, camcorder / camera and memory card. For more details, you can see their official page.