Samsung may not have released an update for Galaxy Note 3 for Android Marshmallow but you can still enjoy the sweetness of the latest Android version on your Note 3 by installing a custom ROM. Here is a Galaxy S7 Edge ROM for the Galaxy NOTE 3 users. AryaMod is a port of ROM for Galaxy S7 edge Galaxy Note 3, namely all the features available on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge are worn for Galaxy Note 3. You will get the latest version of TouchWiz and the same user interface as in Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge .
With the latest version of TouchWiz, several other customization options are also included in the ROM. Check the list of features below for additional features available in ROM.
- Added Note 5 features
- Android M 6.0.1
- Rooted with Superuser 2.74 (System Mode)
- Based on G935FXXU1APD3 Official Firmware for GALAXY S7 EDGE (SM-G935F)
- Optimized, Deodexed, De-Knox
- OTA Update
- Sound Control
- Extended Power Menu
- Supporting all snapdragon variants
- Enabled all apps in Multi Windows
- Enabled “Choose app to complete action”
- Enabled outdoor mode toggle in Settings>Display
- Private mode
- Added ListView animation in Settings>Display
- Modded Messaging App
- Enabled “Device Status Official” – Removed SysScope
- Enabled Smart Manager icon in app drawer
- Added Changelog in Settings>About Device>Software info
- Enabled Touch key light duration option in Settings>Display
- Added Torchlight
- Ported Samsung Sound Alive 4.0 (choose in Aroma)
- Disabled Volume Warning on Headphone
- Added LED indicator settings in settings>display
- Added Autostart management in settings
- Control>phone mods>advanced function menu
- Increased animation scales array in settings>development option>animation scales or from ROM
- Added ROM info in settings>About device>Software info
- Removed gray status bar while power saving mode is activated
- Added Floating message
- Added Multiwindows
- Added UPSM Manager
- Added Omniswitch, amazing multitasking app
- 1000 custom fonts
- Added Galaxy Icon Themer
- And much more…
These are some of the features available in the ROM. The list is endless, you will surely enjoy using this ROM with all the customization options available in ROM. Go ahead and give it a try. Follow the steps below to install it on your device.
Warning: This ROM is for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 only. Installing it on any other device/model would brick your device. Also, any harm to your device while installing it on your device is solely your responsibility.
Things You Will Need
Download and install them on your PC if Odin doesn’t recognize your device.
Download this file on your PC. We will be flashing this Modem on your device using Odin.
Download this file on your PC. We will be flashing this Bootloader on your device using Odin.
Download AryaMod V4 S7Edge Port
Download this kernel and copy it to your device. We will be installing this MM compatible kernel using a custom recovery.
How To Install Galaxy S7 Edge Marshmallow ROM Port on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
- Download MM compatible kernel from the link given above and transfer to your phone.
- Download the ROM zip from the link given above and transfer it your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into Recovery Mode, to do turn off your device and press and hold Power + Home + Volume Down button for a few seconds.
- Download the latest version of Odin from the link given above and install Odin on your Computer. And open it Odin.exe on your PC, Odin should recognize your device if it does not recognize your device, Then install USB drivers from the link given above on your computer.
- Now choose the BL_N9005XXUGBPB2_BOOTLOADER.tar.md5 file from the location where you downloaded the file, after selected AP/PDA button. Then select CP/Phone and from the downloaded location to browse for CP_N9005XXUGBPB1_MODEM.tar.md5 file.
- Now click the Start button on Odin and then wait until the process is completed. You should see a green box with the message PASS on the screen and your device should restart automatically.
- Now Reboot your device into Recovery mode. To do so, Power off your device and then press and hold Power+Home+Volume Up buttons for few seconds.
- Once you are in a custom recovery, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe and check Cache, Data, System and Dalvik Cache.Then swipe to confirm the Wipe.
- Now, select Install option in the custom recovery, then locate the ROM zip file and select Add Marshmallow kernel zip and now search the ROM zip file. Then drag to install them on your device.
- Restart your device. First boot may take 15-25 minutes, so be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully installed S7 Edge ROM port on your Galaxy Note 3. Enjoy the latest version of Android on your device with too many customization and features. Customize your Note 3 to your liking and enjoy the sweetness of Marshmallow on your phablet. Take a look how Edge Galaxy S7 feels???
Let us know your opinion / experience about the ROM in the comment section below. Also, let us know if you have problems when installing the ROM( installing S7 Edge ROM port on your Galaxy Note 3) on your device. We will do our best to solve the problems early.