Table of Contents
How to speed up your 3G connection
Slow data speeds are something that everyone wants to improve. Fixing the wheel turn a load video is a frequent frustrating part. But, help is at hand thanks to hack discovered by XDA forums member bahathir. Keep reading to discover how you can speed up your 3G speed and, improve your Internet connection.
Note: Although the procedures described here have been verified to ensure the security of your device, an operation that involves rooting a device can potentially cause problems. ApkFact.com is not responsible for any damage that may be caused inadvertently to your android device. please backup all your data before proceeding it.
What does speeding up 3G data involve?
To optimize your connection, you will need to edit the file containing the Internet configuration settings that are used by your device when connected. By doing this, you can enable what is known as “header compression Van Jacobson TCP / IP” which will essentially increase your 3G speed.
Users have reported speeds of up to double what they had before, but the efficiency of the hack depends on whether your operator supports the feature.
What do I need to speed up my 3G?
- Needed Root permission: learn How to Root any Android Device without pc, or root your device without voiding the warranty.
- Options.7z archive: the folder where the modified version of the file already in your system folder, which must be replaced for it to work.
- ES File Explorer (or same app): a file manager supports root for you to enter the system folders and permissions changing files.
How do I speed up my 3G internet on android ?
- Download the archive and extract with a options.7z archive manager as 7Zip. You will find a file named options.
- Copy the file to your device Options in a memorable location by connecting to your Computer or using the SD card, if available.
- Install and open ES File Manager (or same app) and give it root permissions ( Menu > Root Explorer > ON > Confirm).
- Now find the options file from within the ES Manage file (press and hold and select Copy) which has already been transferred to the device.
- Go to the folder: (Device) “/ system / etc / ppp” and paste the Options file that you just copied, in it.
- Change the permissions options file (press and hold it: More > Properties> Edit (Permissions) > and activate the three authorizations readable under (owner, group, other), three sub disable writing, and activate the three sub run.
- Now, press OK. In addition to permissions that you must now find writing as “r-x r-x r-x.”
- Restart the device.
That’s all. if you want to check your increased speed immediately, simply install the Speedtest.net application and run some tests. Depending on online traffic and the server you are connected, the test will give different results . try several times to get an average.
Problems with my speed 3G
If you are having problems connecting to 3G or find that there is no improvement, you can reverse the process by removing the options file that you copied in the “/ system / etc / ppp” .
What can I do with my 3G data faster?
The other way to speed up your 3G data is to change your carrier. It is a drastic measure, and you may be locked into a contract, but to do research and you will find that there are great differences between network speed of each carrier.
Just let us know in the comments box below, if this process works for you.