If you have a smartphone, it is fairly common that you might have WhatsApp installed on your device. Nowadays, everyone uses WhatsApp, as it comes readily installed in smartphones, and it is one of the most important apps on your device, for sending secure messages to your friends and family.
While messaging on WhatsApp, you might have seen many of your friends or family performing WhatsApp tricks such as sending bold texts, italic texts, or even extending their status limit, for more than 15 seconds. You can do this using third party mods like yowhatsapp.
If you are already chatting with someone online, regardless of the person that you are talking to, everyone in your contact list will see you online, and this creates trouble if you want to talk to a specific person. Here are five tricks that you can use which would help you to hide your WhatsApp online status.
Tricks to hide your WhatsApp online status:-
- Block the person that you want to hide your status from:-
By completely blocking the person, you can hide your online status along with your display picture, statuses that you upload on WhatsApp, and your textual status. To block a person online, simply:-
- Open WhatsApp, and open the chat of the person that you want to block.
- Tap at the person’s name at the top of the screen.
- Now you would see the display picture of the person that you want to block, along with the media documents that you both shared.
- Scroll down to reveal the block and report a contact option.
- Once you block the user, they won’t be able to see your WhatsApp online status, as well as your display picture and statuses.
- If you don’t want to ever communicate with that person again, you can directly report the contact, but the chats would be deleted too.
- Chat from the notification panel:-
One of the best things about WhatsApp is that you can talk with people without having to open WhatsApp itself. You can directly reply to a message from your notification panel, without having to open WhatsApp. To do this, simply:-
- Pull down your notification panel.
- One important thing to note here is that you won’t be able to talk to people by initiating a conversation yourself.
- You can only reply, or see the message, without having to open WhatsApp.
- Pull the WhatsApp notification, and it would reveal two options, notably ‘Mark As Read’ and ‘Reply’.
- Select ‘Reply’, and chat from the notification panel.
- Turning on airplane mode, or turning off data:-
The online status on WhatsApp does not reveal itself unless you are connected to the internet and you have WhatsApp open on your phone. Thus, if you don’t want to reveal your online status, simply:-
- Turn off your data, or pull the notification panel from above or below the screen, depending on your device.
- Select the icon for an airplane and turn on airplane mode. You can even turn off your data, or disable your Wi-Fi connection, and it would work the same.
- Now open WhatsApp, and go to your chats, and select the chat that you want to send a message to.
- Type in your message, click on send and close WhatsApp.
- Now turn on your data or turn off the airplane mode, and the message would be sent, without you being online.
- Hide online WhatsApp status from settings:-
The online status has a last seen feature that is available on WhatsApp, which informs you about the person as to when the person was last seen online on WhatsApp. You can disable this feature by simply doing the following:-
- Go to Settings on your WhatsApp application (You would find the same at the right corner of WhatsApp, inside the three-dotted menu)
- Select ‘Account’ and go for ‘Privacy’.
- Tap on ‘Last Seen’, and then select ‘Nobody’, so that nobody would be able to see your last seen on WhatsApp.
- Hiding typing and other features on WhatsApp using third-party WhatsApp clients:-
You can directly hide your online feature, as well as improve your status limits, change wallpapers, themes, limit the number of people that can see your WhatsApp status, disable the typing feature, and even change the icon of WhatsApp with the help of a third-party WhatsApp client. To do this, simply:-
- Go to your Chrome browser or any browser that you use and search for third-party WhatsApp clients.
- Apps like GB WhatsApp, FM WhatsApp, and other tweaked versions of WhatsApp would pop up.
- Download any version that you feel comfortable with and enjoy features that surpass WhatsApp.
If you are genuinely talking to someone and you are having an important discussion, when someone interrupts you by seeing you online, it is one of the most irritating feeling that you can get.
If you’re going to simply discard the person by generally telling them that you are busy, then the only option left for you to do is to hide your WhatsApp online status, or your last seen. I hope that the tricks above will work for you. Downloading third-party WhatsApp client apps will be the perfect option for you if you want something extra with WhatsApp.