Android phones have their own share of anomalies. Though they are better known for its convenience and utility, yet they tend to annoy users shortly after some years’ use. They grow old and sluggish. They often don’t respond to user command, crash and even lag. But does it all be blamed on the phone or may be developer?
See also: 10+ Simple tips to Speed up your Android phone
Not really! Yes, they are manufactured by developer but not used by them. The end point rather comes down to users’ and their usage. Therefore, maintaining and optimizing calls forth to users. Here is a list of check points for everyone struggling with their Android devices. See them and apply on to your smartphone if you are lacking behind it.
- Update your Android Version: Google timely release Android updates and roll out notifications on to all devices. If you have received one, update your device as soon as possible. Using outdated version can be reason for your phone’s sluggishness. You can update your device within the settings of your phone or even with update notification. If you doing it with the notification, simply agree for the update and let it take place. If you’re using Settings to do the same, then find tap on Settings> About Phone> System Update> let it check for update> if you found any, then agree to it and update your device. However, you’re required to have a Wi-Fi connection in order to update your device.
- Clear up Storage Space: Storage shortage can also happen to be a for your phone’s sluggishness. You should delete unwanted data from your phone, in this case. For instance, you can delete duplicate files, unwanted files, browser history, etc.
- Delete or Disable Unwanted Apps: Your phone must be having several applications and you mustn’t be using all of them. Therefore, deleting or disabling them is a good idea. You can uninstall apps that aren’t of any use, however, disable should be set on the ones that are rarely used. This way some storage space can be recovered and your device will be lighter.
- Keep all Apps Updated: As we said you must be owning many applications; they too should be updated timely. Developers timely roll out updates. You should keep a track with your Play Store and update apps for which an update is available. This helps optimize and speed up your Android and application as well.
- Limit Widgets and Live Wallpapers: If you have enabled widgets on your phone, you’d be in love with shortcuts. Most certainly, it’s a quick way to keep track of things on your phone. But widgets eat up more memory then you can ever imagine. Disabling them can help you save battery and reduce sluggishness.
Same way, disabling live wallpaper is also the key to improve Android phone’s performance.
See also: How to save battery life on your Android device
One Click Optimization on your Android
These are some of the steps for you to follow if your smartphone has become considerably slow. In addition to this, you can also download Systweak Android Cleaner, an android optimizer, data manager and junk cleaner app for your device. The app helps you optimize your phone’s performance with its One-Click Optimizer. It also has a junk cleaner, game booster, battery saver, data manager and app manager features. These help you streamline your data, clean out redundant files and boost its performance. In addition to this, it’s a free app. So it’s never a harm trying out the app!