Call recording is a useful feature on Android smartphones, allowing you to record important conversations with your contacts. However, in some regions, it is a legal requirement to announce that a call is being recorded to all parties involved. This can be intrusive and disrupt the flow of conversation. If you own an Android device from brands like Realme, Oppo, Vivo, iQOO, Xiaomi, or OnePlus, you may be wondering how to disable call recording announcements. In this post, we will guide you through the steps to do so.
Note: It is important to note that the laws and regulations around call recording vary by region and country. Before disabling call recording announcements, make sure to check the laws in your area to avoid any legal repercussions.
Why Does Google Dialer Announce Call Recording Warning?
Google Dialer, the default phone app on Google’s Pixel smartphones and some other Android devices, announces a call recording warning to comply with legal and regulatory requirements in some regions. In many countries and regions, it is mandatory to inform all parties involved in a call that the call is being recorded. This is done to protect the privacy and consent of all individuals involved in the conversation.
Google Dialer’s call recording warning announcement helps to ensure that users are aware of the call recording and to comply with these legal and regulatory requirements. The warning message is played automatically at the beginning of the call recording to notify all parties involved that the call is being recorded. This helps to prevent any misunderstandings or legal issues that may arise from recording calls without consent.
It is important to note that the laws and regulations around call recording vary by region and country. Some areas may allow call recording without the need for announcement or consent, while others may require consent from all parties involved. Therefore, it is essential to check the laws in your area before recording calls to avoid any legal repercussions.
In summary, Google Dialer announces call recording warnings to comply with legal and regulatory requirements in some regions and to ensure that all parties involved in the call are aware of the recording.
Enable Call Recording Without Announcement on OnePlus and Oppo Phones
Enabling call recording without announcement on OnePlus and Oppo phones may require a different process than on other Android devices. Here are the steps to enable call recording without announcement on OnePlus and Oppo phones:
- First, go ahead and install ODialer (Free) on your smartphone. This is the stock dialer app offered by the ColorOS team.
- Next, open the app and set it as your default dialer. Grant all the required permissions.
- That’s it. Now, open ODialer (Phone app), make a call, and tap on “Record”. The call will be recorded on Oppo and OnePlus phones without any announcement or warning. If it’s not working, move to the last section for a potential solution.
Enable Call Recording Without Announcement on Vivo and iQOO Phones
Enabling call recording without announcement on Vivo and iQOO phones may require a different process than on other Android devices. Here are the steps to enable call recording without announcement on Vivo and iQOO phones:
- If you have a Vivo or iQOO phone and want to record calls without any announcement, open the Google Dialer (Phone) app and type the below code. This hidden USSD code allows you to replace the stock Google Dialer with an alternative phone app. On some Vivo phones, the code doesn’t work. If that’s the case, move to the next section.
- This will take you to the hidden “Alternate Phone and Contacts” page. Now, enable the toggle and tap on “OK,” followed by “Set now”.
- Next, set the alternate Phone app as your default dialer.
- Next, go ahead and make a call with the new Phone app. Finally, tap on “Record,” and the call will be recorded without the receiver knowing about it. If this method does not work for you, move to the next section for a working method.
Disable Call Recording Announcement on Google Dialer (Realme, Xiaomi, Moto, etc)
Google Dialer is the default phone app on Google Pixel smartphones and some other Android devices, but it is not the default phone app on Realme, Xiaomi, Moto, or other devices. However, some devices may have a Google Dialer app available for download from the Google Play Store. Here are the steps to disable call recording announcement on Google Dialer:
1. First and foremost, open the Play Store and search for “Google Dialer”. Now, open it and tap on “Uninstall“. This will uninstall the latest version of the app and restore the app to the older version that shipped with your device. We are doing this because Google has patched this workaround on the latest version.
2. Make sure to tap the 3-dot menu in the top-right corner and disable the “Enable auto-update” checkbox. This will prevent Google Dialer from being updated to the latest version automatically. For this method to work, ensure Google Dialer is always on the older version.
3. Having done that, install the TTSLexx app (Free) from the Play Store. It’s a free app that lets you create and use a custom dictionary for Google’s Text-to-Speech service. However, we can use this free app as a workaround to disable the announcement in the Google Dialer app on all Android phones. According to the app developer, it doesn’t collect any data.
4. After installing the app, open Settings on your phone and search for “text to speech”. Now, select “Text-to-speech output“. This is generally available in the Accessibility menu.
5. Here, tap on “Preferred engine” and select the “TTSLexx” app.
6. Next, tap and hold Google Dialer (Phone app) icon and select “App Info“. On the App Info screen, tap on “Storage.”
7. Now, tap on “Clear data” and choose the “Clear all data” option. Note that this will delete your complete call history, so back it up if you need to access it again.
8. Finally, restart your Android phone. Now, make a call with the Google Dialer (Phone) app and tap on “Record”. This time, the app won’t announce that the call is being recorded.
9. If it’s still not working and announcing that the call is being recorded, make sure to uninstall the latest update, as mentioned in step #1, and clear the existing app data.
Record Calls on Android Phones Without Call Recording Announcement
Recording calls on Android phones without call recording announcement may be illegal in some regions and countries. Therefore, it is important to check the laws and regulations in your area before attempting to record calls without announcement.
If call recording without announcement is legal in your area, you can use third-party call recording apps to record calls without announcement. Here are the steps to record calls on Android phones without call recording announcement:
Step 1: Install a Call Recording App
Download and install a third-party call recording app from the Google Play Store, such as Automatic Call Recorder, Cube Call Recorder ACR, or Call Recorder – ACR.
Step 2: Grant Permissions
After installing the call recording app, open it and grant the necessary permissions. Depending on the app, you may need to grant permissions for accessing your phone, contacts, and storage.
Step 3: Disable Call Recording Announcement
In the call recording app’s settings, look for an option to disable call recording announcements. The location of this option may vary depending on the app, but it is usually located in the Recording settings. Once you find the option, toggle it on to disable call recording announcements.
Step 4: Test Call Recording
After disabling call recording announcements, test it by making a test call to ensure that the app is recording calls properly.
It is important to note that recording calls without announcement may be illegal in some regions and countries. Therefore, it is essential to check the laws in your area before recording calls without announcement to avoid any legal repercussions.
In conclusion, call recording can be a useful feature on Android phones for various purposes. However, it is essential to be aware of the legal implications of call recording without announcement in your area.
If call recording without announcement is legal in your region, you can use third-party call recording apps to record calls without announcement. The process to disable call recording announcement may vary depending on the phone’s manufacturer and the call recording app used.
Remember to always check the laws and regulations in your area before recording calls without announcement and ensure that you obtain consent from the other party before recording a call. With proper use, call recording can be a beneficial feature that can help you keep track of important conversations and information.