If you have a Samsung phone, you may have used the Secure Folder feature to hide and protect your private apps, photos, videos, and files. Secure Folder creates a separate space on your phone that can only be accessed with a password, PIN, pattern, or biometric authentication. However, there may be times when you want to delete Secure Folder from your phone to free up some space, reset your phone, or get rid of the data inside it. In this blog post, I will show you how to delete Secure Folder on a Samsung phone and what will happen when you do that.
What is a Secure Folder and How to Use It?
Secure Folder is a feature that is available on Samsung phones running Android 7.0 Nougat or higher. It is powered by Samsung Knox, a security platform that protects your phone from malware, hacking, and unauthorized access. Secure Folder lets you create a separate space on your phone where you can store your private apps, photos, videos, and files. You can also use Secure Folder to run two instances of the same app, such as WhatsApp, Facebook, or Instagram, with different accounts.
To use Secure Folder, you need to set it up first. Here are the steps to do that:
- Go to Settings > Biometrics and Security> Secure Folder. You may need to sign in with your Samsung account if you haven’t done so already.
- Choose a lock type for your Secure Folder, such as password, PIN, pattern, or biometric authentication. You can also add a backup method in case you forget your lock type.
- Tap on Start to create your Secure Folder. You will see a Secure Folder icon on your home screen or app drawer. You can also access it from the quick panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Tap on the Secure Folder icon to open it. You will need to enter your lock type to access it.
- To add apps to your Secure Folder, tap on Add Apps and select the apps that you want to move or copy to your Secure Folder. You can also download new apps from the Play Store or Galaxy Store inside your Secure Folder.
- To add files to your Secure Folder, tap on Add files and select the files that you want to move or copy to your Secure Folder. You can also take photos or videos with the camera app inside your Secure Folder.
- To customize your Secure Folder, tap on the three-dot icon
How to Delete Secure Folder on Samsung Phone
Follow the below steps to uninstall or delete your Secure Folder.
Not what you were looking for? See the bottom of this article for a list of related content.
1. From the home screen, choose Apps
2. Choose Settings
3. Choose the Lock screen and security
4. Choose Secure Folder
5. Enter your lock details to access your Secure Folder
6. Choose Uninstall
7. If you wish to back up anything in your Secure Folder, choose Back up and uninstall. Otherwise, if you are happy for the content of your Secure Folder to be erased, choose Uninstall.