Updating or restoring the firmware on your Xiaomi phone can sometimes become necessary to fix bugs, improve performance, or simply enjoy new features. One effective method to achieve this is by flashing a Fastboot ROM using the Xiaomi Flash Tool. In this guide, we’ll take you step by step through the process, ensuring a smooth and successful flashing experience.
Before you go ahead with the procedure to install or flash the Fastboot ROM, it’s important that you take care of the following prerequisites.
- Download the Fastboot ROM from a secure source.
- Charge your device battery up to the 80% mark.
- Install Fastboot drivers from here.
- Keep a note of your device IMEI numbers. (Dial *#06#* to view IMEI number)
- Download and install the Mi Flash tool from here.
- Keep a good quality USB data transfer cable.
Once you cover the above requirements, go ahead and take a compete for device backup for important data such as media, contacts, text message records, call history records, etc.
Unlocking the Bootloader (if not done already):
If your device’s bootloader is locked, you’ll need to unlock it first. This step is crucial as flashing a Fastboot ROM on a locked bootloader can result in errors or a bricked device. Visit the official Xiaomi bootloader unlock page and follow the instructions provided.
Flash ROM files using the MI Flash Tool
Below is a step-by-step procedure to install Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi smartphones using the Mi Flash tool.
- Launch the Mi Flash tool on your computer. Make sure to click yes on any Windows warning prompt, if any.
- Shut down your device completely. Now, hold the volume down and power the key button together and connect your device using the USB cable.
- If the tool asks you to install any pending drivers, please click on ok to install the pending drivers.
- Once the drives are installed, restart your computer.
- Click on the select button and choose the Fastboot folder file. Please note that you need to select the Fastboot ROM folder instead of any individual image file.
- Once the file is loaded up, flash the file and select the “clean all” option.
- It might take more than 5-10 minutes for the flashing process to complete. Please do not turn off your PC or disturb the USB connection to your smartphone.
- Once the process is done, you will see the success screen. Now you can restart your smartphone and see if it is working.
How to Install Recovery ROM On Xiaomi Smartphone
The process of installing or flashing ROM files using the recovery is a much simpler and safe process than Fastboot ROMs. This process is often used when you don’t have access to a PC and need to install the ROM on the go. You may install complete firmware, a part of the firmware, or custom scripts using the recovery ROM procedure.
Recovery ROM Pre-requisites
Before you go ahead with the procedure to install or flash the Recovery ROM, it’s important that you take care of the following prerequisites.
- Download the Recovery ROM from a secure source.
- Charge yoru device battery up to the 80% mark.
Once you cover the above requirements, go ahead and take a compete for device backup for important data such as media, contacts, text message records, call history records etc.
Take ROM Backup
Installing the recovery ROM is a secure process, but often times there might be little accidents, which can render your device useless or in a soft brick state. But don’t worry, as in most modern recovery platforms such as TWRP or CWM recover, you can take the ROM backup.
Flash ROM files using the Recovery menu
Below is a step-by-step procedure to install Recovery ROM on Xiaomi smartphones using the local or advanced recovery menu.
- Open the TWRP recovery menu and click on the Wipe button.
- Here choose factory reset and slide to the right.
- Once the factory reset process is complete, go back to the main menu and clock on the install button.
- Navigate to the Recovery ROM zip file and select it.
- Slide the slider to the right to complete the action.
- Once the action is successful, your device will reboot automatically.
Flashing a Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi phone using the Xiaomi Flash Tool is a powerful way to update, restore, or customize your device’s firmware. By following this step-by-step guide, you can confidently navigate through the flashing process, ensuring a successful outcome. Remember to back up your data and carefully follow each step to avoid any potential issues. Enjoy the benefits of an updated and optimized Xiaomi smartphone experience!