Security is a major concern on all Android devices. To make your device more secure Google introduced a new safety feature in Android 5.0 also know as Android Lollipop called Factory Reset Protection (FRP). If you’re already familiar with the term reset, you understand what FRP is! Factory Reset protection keeps your data safe in case your device is stolen. It does so by requiring authentication after a factory reset to make the device usable.
Imagine this scenario: You have lost your device or device has been stolen. Now, the first thing a thief is going to factory reset your device so that it can use themselves or sell it to someone else. But since you have already attached to your Google account with your device and have defined a security option (PIN, password, etc.), the thief will not be able to reset factory settings. It will do this via the stock recovery option (which is quite simple, BTW). Once the reset is complete and the device installation process begins, the unit will ask you to enter the Google account and password that has previously been linked with the device. This is Factory Reset Protection. Now, the device is useful for the thief. Thanks Google!
See also: How to Bypass Factory Reset Protection on Samsung Devices
What if, instead of losing your device, you have forgotten your password and Google account details? You’re stuck; you can not even make it usable through factory reset your device (using FRP). You already know that to activate FRP you must attach a Google account on your device, set a security option, and factory reset your device via restocking menu. If you happen to have an LG device (probably a recent one as LG V10 LG G4, etc.) Factory Reset Protection can be bypassed in minutes. Here’s how.
Execution requirement of this procedure:
- Make sure your device is connected to WiFi.
Bypass Factory Reset Protection on LG Devices
- Turn off your device, enter into the recovery menu and factory reset your LG mobile.
- When he comes back, follow the setup wizard. On the main screen, press “Accessibility” to access the Accessibility menu. We’ll turn on some parameters here.
- Turn on “Switch Access” from the menu. Now go to Settings and scroll down. Press “Key combo for Overview”. Once the menu appears click on the volume button on the back. This will change the key combination for the overview.
- Press the Google logo at the top. This will take you to the home page of Google.
- Use the search bar to go to www.rootjunkysdl.com and tap “Apps” in the navigation menu.
- Download “samsung.bypass.google.verify.apk”.
Note: If unable to download this apps, just insert your SD Card form your LG device. then inter your SD Card into another device for geting this app anyway. And enter your SD card into LG Device.
Once it downloads, press the volume button down to allow overview and press “Dual window“. On the next screen, you can easily access the file manager.
- Now locate the downloaded APK file and install it. Open the application and it will direct you to the settings for the your LG phone options.
- Samsung devices allow you to factory reset the device from this setting, but LG does not support this feature. But there is a job here.
- In the settings, go to “Users” and add a new user using a Google account.
- Once installation is complete, you’ll enter the phone as a guest user.
- Now, go to settings and users, then switch to the owner.
- Now you can factory reset on your lg phone from the parameters regardless of the FRP.
The need for to appear Factory Reset Protection is a Google account must be attached and your phone must have the security option is enabled. None of these requirements is met factory reset of the device for the second time, FRP will be bypassed.
See also: Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android Without PC
Now follow the setup wizard, enter the details of a new Google account, and you’re good to go.
The credit for this tip goes to RootJunky. Thank you for this brilliant trick.
How to factory reset lg phone Tags: how to factory reset lg metro pcs phone, how to factory reset lg tmobile phone, how to factory reset lg volt, lg g4 phone, lg tracfone, factory reset lg optimus, factory reset lg g3