Android N Developer Preview has been out for a few weeks now. Google has introduced some important new features in this update. The establishment of a new program for Android Beta things like Multiwindow, Direct Boot, revised Notifications and design, Android N proves to be pretty big update. Only a handful of Nexus devices are supported at the time of the first N Android Developer Preview, but the Android community is already working on setting some of these features to older versions of Android.
Android N-ify Xposed is the first module that brings some Android N features to Lollipop and Marshmallow. These new features currently include summaries in the tiles and Recent Settings Double-tap to move to the last application. The developer plans to add more features in future updates. In the state, the module is work in progress.
See also: How to Install Android N on Windows PC
Get Android N Features With Android N-ify Xposed Module
Currently, if you want to enjoy Android N, you must have a Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus Player or the Pixel C or android one device ( Symphony Roar A50, Xperia Z2. Micromax Canvas A1, Karbonn Sparkle V, Mito Impact, QMobile A1, Spice Dream UNO, Cherry Mobile One, MyPhone Uno). If you do not have one of these devices, then you will wait for the official update to Android N set to be released for your phone or tablet a few months later. older Nexus devices have no custom ROMs is, for the moment. In this scenario, Android-N-ify is the only way you can enjoy some Android N features.
- Android N-ify Xposed Module – Direct official link | Wapka Link
- Your device must be rooted.
- It must have a custom recovery installed (to be able to flash Xposed framework, if you have not already).
- Your device must be running on Android 5.0 Lollipop or above, and should be supported by the framework Xposed.
- And finally, you should have Xposed framework installed on your Nexus device.
If you do not have the Xposed Framework installed on your device yet, you can consult our detailed tutorial. In addition, the developer of the Android N-ify Module recommend you try this module only stock Android ROM. If you have a ROM-based skin-based TouchWiz or any other measure installed, Android N-ify may not work at all.
Install Android N-ify module
- To install the Android N-ify module, you must enable “Install from unknown sources” You can have what is already permitted, but just in case it is turned off, go to Settings -.> Security -> Unknown sources and activate it.
- Once done, click on Android N-ify apk that you downloaded from the source above.
- After successful installation, you receive a notification to enable it and restart your phone. Clicking this will
- allow the module and restart your phone.
- If you deleted this notification, you can also manually activate the module in Xposed -> Modules and then restart your phone.
After restarting, you will notice your Settings application descriptions in the most options. Other features like the new design and new navigation Notifications drawer always worked and will be deported soon in an update.